- What does it mean to attain Enlightenment?
- How will practicing Buddhism help me improve my relationships both with myself and others in the near term?
- “We usually look outside for our enemies. But Buddhist yogis realize there is no enemy outside, the real enemy is inside.” Method, Wisdom and the Three Paths” by Geshe Sopa p. 12 of the Required Readings. Explain briefly how self cherishing is the source of all our troubles.
- Why is being born in the human realm considered so precious, and how can we best use our short lifespan?
- Why is it so necessary to have a spiritual teacher?
Foundation of All Good Qualities by Lama Tsong Khapa
When you first wake up in the morning, spend a few minutes rejoicing that you are alive because of all the positive karma that you created in the past, remember that death or illness may strike at any time thus cutting short your opportunity to practice Dharma — to accumulate merit by helping others, and to remove negative karma. Then get out of bed, do 5 – 10 minutes of a simple breathing/mindfulness meditation. When your mind feels focused, spend at least another 5 – 10 minutes on the weekly analytical meditation topic (e.g., precious human rebirth). Close with a short dedication of merit.