- Go through each of the 4 powers for Purifying Karma, reviewing your actions for the past few days and purifying any negative karmas you can recall. Remember that those 4 powers are:
- The Power of Reliance: Refuge and Greatly Compassionate Bodhichitta
- The Power of Intelligent Regret: Born of contemplating the faults of the action
- The Power of the Antidote: A positive action to counteract the negative energy of the previous act
- The Power of Restraint: Commiting to not repeating the action for some length of time
- In response to the realities of suffering and impermanence, what are some of the levels of response that the Buddha advises as skillful? How might you practice them more this week?
- Spend a few moments imagining how it would feel and what it would be like to be a spiritual hero (and psychonaut) capable of remaining conscious when awake, when dreaming, and even when dying and being reborn.