- Chapter 1 describes the benefits of bodhicitta. Please list a few of the major benefits.
- Some people feel: “Rescuing all sentient beings from samsara sounds so difficult, I can’t even rescue myself. I can’t do it!” What advice or words of encouragement might you offer to someone who suffers from this sort of doubt and low esteem.
- Explain the difference between aspirational and engaged bodhicitta.
Start Chapter 4.
- Meditate on the meaning of “sentient being” (dro wa, Tib.) Rinpoche explained that it means beings who are migratory, transient, like guests in this life. Does this change the way you view yourself?
- Rinpoche mentioned several ways in which we can transform our day-to-day activities such as washing, illness, even negative emotions such as anger into Bodhisattva practices. This week, pick one specific action and try to do it with awareness — keeping in mind how you can use it to benefit all sentient beings.
Link to the May 24 teaching: http://guhyasamaja.org/Recordings/Shantideva_KR_052408.mp3