(updated March 2018)
For those of you who recently attended Gyumed Khensur Rinpoche’s Yamantaka initiation, here are a few resources that might be of interest:
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche A Chat About Yamantaka Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive chapter excerpts
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche Retreat Advice for the Practice of Yamantaka Solitary Hero Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive
- Meditation on Vajrabhairava translators Sharpa Tulku, Richard Guard, Library of Tibetan Works and Archives
- A Manual of Ritual Fire Offerings translator Sharpa Tulku, Library of Tibetan Works and Archives
- David Gonsalez. The Roar of Thunder: Yamantaka Practice and Commentary. Snow Lion Publications: 2012.
Feel free to add to the list if you know of others by sending a comment.
As a reminder, the Six Session guru yoga practice is generally considered to be a daily requirement for practitioners of Highest Yoga Tantra. Of course, this depends on the individual lama’s specifications. The Lama Chopa with tsok practice is not required for Yamantaka because Yamantaka is a Father tantra. Lama Chopa with tsok is only required for Mother tantra deities.