For all the students who attended the recent Discovering Buddhism Samsara and Nirvana class, here’s a complete bibliography of the books that I used in preparing for the class. I hope you will have an opportunity to read these in this and many future lifetimes!
I hope the class was of some benefit to you. I enjoyed meeting you, and I wish you swift progress on the path to Enlightenment! If you have any questions or feedback about the class, please feel free to contact me by replying to this blog post, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama. “A Flashing of Lightning in the Dark of Night: A Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life”. Shambhala.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama. “The Meaning of Life”. Wisdom Publications.
- Geshe Lhundub Sopa. “Peacock in the Poison Grove”. Wisdom Publications.
- Geshe Lhundub Sopa. “Steps on the Path to Enlightenment”. Wisdom Publications.
- Yangsi Rinpoche. “Practicing the Path: a commentary on the lam rim chenmo”. Wisdom Publications.
- Artemus Engle. “The Inner Science of Buddhist Practice: Vasubandu’s summary of the five heaps with commentary by Sthiramati”. Snow Lion.
- Thich Nhat Hanh. “Transformation and Healing: sutra on the four establishments of mindfulness”. Parallax Press.