According to the official website, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama will bestow teachings on 18 Treatises on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment – Jangchup Lamrim.
These rare and precious teachings, requested by His Eminence Ling Rinpoche, will take place at Gaden, Drepung and Sera, the three great Tibetan Monastic Universities.
This series of teachings will occur:
- 30 November to 13 December 2012 at Gaden Monastery and Drepung Monastery, in Mundgod, Karnataka, south India
- continuing in 2013 at Sera Monastery, in Bylakuppe, Karnataka, south India.
On the very auspicious occasion of the 610th Anniversary of Lama Tsongkhapa’s composition of his masterpiece Lam-rim Chen-mo (The Great Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment) and the 600th Anniversary of Lama Tsongkhapa’s teaching of this text at Gaden Monastery for the first time, His Holiness the Dalai Lama will bestow teachings and transmissions on eighteen classic Lam-rim commentaries at the request of His Eminence Ling Rinpoche. (source: FPMT)
The complete list of 18 commentaries
is available on the event website. The site also has an introduction to the authors of the commentaries, and an explanation of the Lam Rim tradition and lineage. In addition, registration and travel information have already been posted.
A webcast of the teachings will be available on the event website.
FPMT recently announced an opportunity to sponsor the teachings. As part of FPMT’s mission to preserve the Mahayana tradition, Lama Zopa Rinpoche has offered for FPMT to help support these rare and precious teachings in various ways, including:
- Offering vegetarian food to all of the 12,000-15,000 monks in attendance.
- Sponsoring the travel of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and entourage.
- Funding a sound system for the event.
- Printing 50,000 copies of five different texts needed for the teaching event.
Please donate today. (Note: the event website also has instructions on how to donate. It is, however, much more convenient to donate through FPMT).